Re: Funding

From: Pete Chown
Subject: Re: Funding
Date: 19 Sep 2008 09:06:18 GMT

webmaster wrote:

> We are in search of someone to
> help fund for these engines since we are all self funded and cant seem
> to afford it.

Do you need these specific game engines?  There are lots of free
alternatives.  The one used by Disney for Toontown and Pirates of the
Caribbean Online is free:

http://www.panda3d.org/

If you want a system where you can edit the world interactively, you
could look at Cube 2:

http://sauerbraten.org/

You have to be a bit careful with this one.  The game engine can be
freely reused, but the textures and models from the Sauerbraten game are
restricted.

There are lots more free game engines out there.  jMonkeyEngine looks
good but isn't as complete as the ones listed above.  The source code for
some of the id Software games has been published, so that can be used as
the basis for a new game.  People speak highly of Crystal Space, Ogre3d
and various others, though I have no personal experience of them.

Pete