Re: Is the GPL all encompassing?

From: Hyman Rosen
Subject: Re: Is the GPL all encompassing?
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 17:44:58 -0400

Alexander Terekhov wrote:
To repeat: that URL is not a browser redirection. The data comes
directly from Verizon's host. Go check it yourself.

How do you propose I do this checking? It's Verizon's internal
server that would be doing any redirection. You can't know for
sure that they're not doing that, and I can't know for sure
that they are. I'm using the "actiontec gateway" part of the
URL as the basis for my assumption, as well as the fact that
the BusyBox developers saw fit to dismiss their suit against
Verizon.