Re: FOSS and universities

From: Ricardo
Subject: Re: FOSS and universities
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 12:15:23 -0300

Thanks for the link, Ciaran. I searched the site you mentioned but there seems to be no similar projects to what I suggested. Maybe I was not clear when I said "programs for educational and research purposes". Such a project wouldn't be limited to educational apps, actually the focus would be on any application an university student/professor needs. Like I said, AutoCAD, Gimp, Inkscape, Blender, Ardour, Open Office and so on. It would represent a great boom in the development of those apps. That's why I searched a general discussion mailing list. And also for the fact that the Edu-EU list isn't being really active lately (last threads there are from september 2007).

            Ricardo

P.S. Sorry for the mess with the date of my first e-mail. The system clock was set wrong.

Ciaran O'Riordan escreveu:
Ricardo Gabriel Herdt <ricardogh@esdebian.org> writes:
discussion to something bigger, what about a GNU-campaign?

A project was started before:
http://www.gnu.org/education/

I don't know if it's still active, but that page might contain some useful
links or names anyway.