question about GPLv3

From: TP
Subject: question about GPLv3
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 10:56:50 +0200

Hi everybody,

Could you explained me why there is no contradiction between this:

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#DoesTheGPLAllowRequireFee
(the two FAQ entries "Does the GPL allow me to require that anyone who
receives the software must pay me a fee and/or notify me?" and "If I
distribute GPL'd software for a fee, am I required to also make it
available to the public without a charge?")

and the additional term f/ of the article 7 of the GPLv3:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html

"[...]you may (if authorized by the copyright holders of that material)
supplement the terms of this License with terms:
[...]
f) Requiring indemnification of licensors and authors of that material by
anyone who conveys the material (or modified versions of it) with
contractual assumptions of liability to the recipient, for any liability
that these contractual assumptions directly impose on those licensors and
authors."

With this additional term, it seems primarily that if I am author of a
software, I have the right to make people pay for my software, not only the
one that buys my soft directly from me, but also all people that have
obtained my software from other sources.
But the GPL FAQ tends to show that my interpretation is bad:

"[...] if someone pays your fee and gets a copy, the GPL gives them the
freedom to release it to the public, with or without a fee. For example,
someone could pay your fee, and then put her copy on a web site for the
general public."

Could you explained me where I am wrong in the interpretation of additional
term f/ of GPLv3 article 7?

Thanks in advance

Julien

--
python -c "print ''.join([chr(154 - ord(c)) for c in '*9(9&(18%.9&1+,\'Z
(55l4('])"

"When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is
possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is
impossible, he is very probably wrong." (first law of AC Clarke)