Re: SFLC's GPL court enforcement -- track record

From: Hyman Rosen
Subject: Re: SFLC's GPL court enforcement -- track record
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 17:29:57 -0400

Alexander Terekhov wrote:
Actiontec is a reseller, now see 17 USC 109.

I'm not privy to the details of how the firmware gets
on to the routers that Actiontec delivers, so I'm not
in a position to say whether the First Sale doctrine
applies. But they do distribute software from their
web site, and that must be done in compliance with
the GPL.