Re: 'Nuther voluntary dismissal contemplated

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: 'Nuther voluntary dismissal contemplated
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 10:52:17 +0100

Hyman Rosen <hyrosen@mail.com> writes:

> Alexander Terekhov wrote:
>> No and I've told you several times that Verizon offers GPL'd binaries
>> for downloading FROM ITS OWN HOST ***without any browser
>> redirection***.
>
> And I've told you several times that you don't know what the Verizon
> webserver is doing when you ask it for the URL. Just because it's not
> using browser redirection directly doesn't mean that it's not just
> forwarding the request over to Actiontec.

Actually, I am with Terekhov on that one.  The technical details of the
underlying traffic don't change the legal nature of who makes available
something that much.

I have no details about the underlying case, but if the SFLC does not
pursue all fringe cases, this means more about focusing their resources
than it does about condoning possible malpractice.