Re: Microsoft needs a help strategy

From: amicus_curious
Subject: Re: Microsoft needs a help strategy
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 17:35:55 -0500

"Robert Heller" <heller@deepsoft.com> wrote in message news:IqGdnTKxOfiIDObUnZ2dnUVZ_uudnZ2d@posted.localnet...
At Sat, 24 Jan 2009 16:26:44 -0500 Rjack <user@example.net> wrote:

Robert Heller wrote:
> At Sat, 24 Jan 2009 11:56:25 -0500 "amicus_curious" <ACDC@sti.net> > wrote:

> Microsoft is already hurting and is probably facing long term problems
> (with or without the JOD or FTC enforcement).

The World is littered with pundits and experts (especially free
software advocates) who have predicted Microsoft's demise for the
last fifteen years. This year 2009 and Microsoft still has 90%
market share of operating systems.

Microsoft recently announced that it is laying off people...  I take
that as a concreet sign that 'Microsoft is already hurting'.  Probably
not a *serious* hurt though (except for the 5,000 or so soon-to-be
jobless Microsoft employees).

Don't look now, but a lot of other companies are laying off people, too. Can you attribute that to the triumph of Linux in the market? The economy is bad because people have a loss of confidence in the future brought about by years of fear of imminent strife and wasteful government practices in terms of using a lot of money to destroy things and rebuild them elsewhere rather than focusing on the US home needs. Obama will, I hope, reverse that.