Re: Microsoft needs a help strategy

From: amicus_curious
Subject: Re: Microsoft needs a help strategy
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 16:07:57 -0500

"Hyman Rosen" <hyrosen@mail.com> wrote in message news:Tiofl.9929$E%6.9610@newsfe04.iad...
amicus_curious wrote:
 Pick something with a real value.

Digital cameras always come along with some crappy
image editing software which is not Photoshop and
for which the makers have presumably gotten paid.

Windows itself comes with Paint for free, too. I don't know what camera suppliers might do, but I think that you can see that there are not many opportunities to steal GPL code and do anything famous with it, whether or not you could get away with it. So the GPL really doesn't protect anything valuable, regardless of the issue of whether it is any protection to begin with.