Re: Microsoft needs a help strategy

From: chrisv
Subject: Re: Microsoft needs a help strategy
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 11:14:19 -0600

>Hadron snotted:
>>
>> Freeloaders, thieves and general scroungers will indeed take advantage.
> > It's why the most used commercial SW projects in the world do not give
> > out their source codes as a general rule. If they did their hard work
> > would be distributed and cloned

That doesn't explain any need for patents, fsckwit.  Just keeping
their code secret, and having copyright protection, is sufficient.

>> But in la-la land feel free to dream that everyone would be nice to each
>> other.

Neither open source or closed-source depends-on "everyone being nice
to each other".  We all know that there are thieves and scumbags in
the world.  There are copyright laws and various licenses available to
prevent theft and abuse of code.

Software patents are not needed, you stupid shit.

--
"Too much choice is NEVER a good thing in SW."  -  "True Linux
advocate" Hadron Quark