Re: Microsoft needs a help strategy

From: Hyman Rosen
Subject: Re: Microsoft needs a help strategy
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 15:02:07 -0500

amicus_curious wrote:
The district court then dismissed the injunction on the basis
> that the plaintiff had not shown that there was any non-monetary
> harm either and pointed to a Supreme Court opinion that has
> modified the Draconian terms of some of the previously held
copyright doctrines.

That "had not shown" is literal - the district court said that
the plaintiffs could refile their complaint and detail the
non-monetary harm.

For what it's worth, I think the district court did not properly
follow the appeals court decision. But we'll see what happens.