Re: Microsoft needs a help strategy

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Microsoft needs a help strategy
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 23:11:02 +0100

"amicus_curious" <ACDC@sti.net> writes:

> "David Kastrup" <dak@gnu.org> wrote in message
> 85ocxrkkfj.fsf@lola.goethe.zz">news:85ocxrkkfj.fsf@lola.goethe.zz...
>>
>> Try reading the GPL sometime.
>>
> Well, is it valid?

That's entirely the choice of the recipient.  If he considers it
invalid, he does not have a license, and has to behave accordingly.  If
he considers it valid, he has a license granted under terms.  As long as
he heeds the terms, there is nothing to fear for him.

> In any case, if the author chooses to give it away gratis, then the
> option of charging for it is no longer applicable.

Huh?  If I compose and sing a lullaby to a child of mine, I no longer
have the option for charging someone else if he desires a performance or
a copy of the composition?

How confused are you?