Re: Artifex v. Diebold: "The GPL is non-commercial!"

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: Artifex v. Diebold: "The GPL is non-commercial!"
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 00:32:12 +0100

Hyman Rosen wrote:

> Alexander Terekhov wrote:
> > Q: Am I bound by the GPL, by merely downloading, without affirmatively
> > accepting the GPL, yes or no?
>
> No.
>
> > Suppose that right now I've made a hardcover copy of a work
> > affirmatively made available to me (I've affirmatively accepted the
> > license contract) under the license to make only paperback copies.
> >
> > Q: Am I violating the scope of the license by making hardcover copies
> > instead of (agreed) paperbacks only?
>
> Yes.
>
> > What does this have to do with the GPL, Hyman?
>
> You can't make copies of GPLed code and convey those copies
> to others unless you do so under the terms of the GPL.

You're mistaken, Hyman. 17 USC 109.

Click here:

http://www2.verizon.net/micro/actiontec/actiontec.asp

and

http://web-sniffer.net/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdownload.verizon.net%2Fwebdownload%2Ffirmware%2Fupgrades%2Factiontec%2520gateway%2F4.0.16.1.56.0.10.7-MI424WR.rmt&submit=Submit&http=1.1&gzip=yes&type=GET&uak=0

You, sweetie. :-)

http://gng.z505.com/index.htm
too, whereas GNU cannot.)