Revisionist Open Source

From: Rjack
Subject: Revisionist Open Source
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 07:22:32 -0500

"I never imagined that the Free Software Movement would spawn a
watered-down alternative, the Open Source Movement, which would
become so well-known that people would ask me questions about 'open
source' thinking that I work under that banner."; Richard Stallman
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/RMS

Even though the BSD license was first used in 1980,
http://www.linfo.org/bsdlicense.html
and the first use of the GPL license was in 1988,
http://www.free-soft.org/gpl_history/
the outright lying and revisionist propaganda efforts of the
Free Software Foundation continue to this day.

Just like the history of open source software given by RMS
has become an urban legend, so have his claims of the GPL's
legal enforceability become an imaginative legend passed on by
the cult of gullible RMS worshippers.

Sincerely,
Rjack :)