Re: Copyright Misuse Doctrine in Apple v. Psystar

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: Copyright Misuse Doctrine in Apple v. Psystar
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 17:36:35 +0100

Hyman Rosen wrote:

> Alexander Terekhov wrote:
> > explaining the GNU magic under which upstream distributors become
>  > agents of downstream distributors (principals) in the GNU land.
>
> Verizon buys the routers from Actiontec. The firmware URL on
> the Verizon page contains the string "actiontec gateway".

Is this some form of Authorization by Principal's Conduct [Apparent
Authority], (also legally referred to as: 'Agency of Estoppel') in the
GNU land by means of "gateway" magic word, Hyman?

"Hyman Rosen gateway"
"Hyman Rosen gateway"
"Hyman Rosen gateway"

Are you now my agent in the GNU land, Hyman? ROFL.

http://www.nanosft.com/igc/AnatomyofAnAgencyRelationship.html

-----
Authorization by Principal's Conduct [Apparent Authority], (also legally
referred to as: 'Agency of Estoppel') - An agent has apparent authority
when the principal, by his words or conduct, reasonably leads a third
party to believe that such a person has the authority to bind the
principal. Any conduct, including words, that gives the agent reason to
believe the principal consents to his acting as agent is sufficient to
create an agency. If a person knowingly and without objection permits
another to act as his agent, the law will find in this conduct an
expression of authorization to the agent, and the principal will not be
permitted to deny that the agent was in fact authorized. In other words,
the principal is "estopped" from denying the agency, thus protecting the
third party who dealt with the agent in good faith.
-----

http://gng.z505.com/index.htm
too, whereas GNU cannot.)