Re: Copyright Misuse Doctrine in Apple v. Psystar

From: amicus_curious
Subject: Re: Copyright Misuse Doctrine in Apple v. Psystar
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 13:24:37 -0500

"David Kastrup" <dak@gnu.org> wrote in message 85ab8f68m4.fsf@lola.goethe.zz">news:85ab8f68m4.fsf@lola.goethe.zz...
Rjack <user@example.net> writes:

amicus_curious wrote:

What irks me is that the victims of the SDLC

Wait, where are the victims if the rant du jour is that the cases are
all voluntarily dismissed with damage to the SDLC?  Really, our trolls
should try not to claim too many contradictory things at once.

The SFLC sues someone and that causes consternation, whether the suit is easily settled or not. Anyone and everyone who wants to fuss with FOSS knows to go to the appropriate project site and get the latest and greatest versions. The companies using embedded FOSS in their products are doing what the FOSS authors wanted them to do. But here comes the FSF and SFLC to harass them over some meaningless details. Sure the suits are dismissed voluntarily after the victims are roughed up a little. The victims are eager to put it all behind them. No business wants to litigate anything ever. Not so the SFLC.