Re: Copyright Misuse Doctrine in Apple v. Psystar

From: Rahul Dhesi
Subject: Re: Copyright Misuse Doctrine in Apple v. Psystar
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 10:13:30 +0000 (UTC)

"amicus_curious" <ACDC@sti.net> writes:

>Our company has a strict rule that we are not allowed to use anything
>that is connected to the GPL.  The MIT license is OK though.

Having such a strict rule is neither necessary not sufficient.

An ethical person won't misappropriate copyrighted software anyway.  No
company rule is needed.

An unethical person will ignore the copyright license if it's convenient
for him to do so, and he will likewise ignore the company rule if it's
convenient for him to do so.

So what matters is not what the company rule is, but how ethical the
company personnel are.
--
Rahul
http://rahul.rahul.net/