Re: Copyright Misuse Doctrine in Apple v. Psystar

From: Thufir Hawat
Subject: Re: Copyright Misuse Doctrine in Apple v. Psystar
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 21:29:07 GMT

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 09:51:24 -0500, amicus_curious wrote:

>> So I think we can both agree that copyright today goes too far.
>
> I don't think that computer source should have copyright protection
> period.

If computer source doesn't have copyright protection then, of course,
it's fine to distribute GPL'd code without including the license.  As
you're advocating that it's ok to distribute without including the
license, then you're conclusion is that source code doesn't have
copyright protection?

-Thufir