Re: Copyright Misuse Doctrine in Apple v. Psystar

From: amicus_curious
Subject: Re: Copyright Misuse Doctrine in Apple v. Psystar
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 17:02:48 -0500

"Rjack" <user@example.net> wrote in message gNidnUnZuI7Ukz7UnZ2dnUVZ_guWnZ2d@giganews.com">news:gNidnUnZuI7Ukz7UnZ2dnUVZ_guWnZ2d@giganews.com...
Peter Köhlmann wrote:
Rjack wrote:

Peter Köhlmann wrote:

That is something else entirely. You neglected that little
tidbit that they distributed GPLed binaries. By not
distributing the source, they were breaching the sole licence
which allowed them to distribute the binaries in the first
place

And *that* is every little bit grounds to sue them
And *that* is 100% bullshit. You can't just make up your own copyright contract containing legal gibberish and then claim it
gives you legal grounds to sue someone.

Idiot

I might plead to foolish, silly, mad, crazy, insane, dense,
brainless, moronic, half-witted or slow-witted. But IDIOT? NEVER!
You have deeply wounded my psyche. I am *devastated*. If I promise
never to criticize again will you drop the "idiot" label and whisper
sweet nothings in my ear?

Sweet or sour, they are sure to be nothings.