Re: Copyright Misuse Doctrine in Apple v. Psystar

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: Copyright Misuse Doctrine in Apple v. Psystar
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 23:31:46 +0100

Hyman Rosen wrote:

> Alexander Terekhov wrote:
> > LOL. Go to doctor, Hyman.
>
> You would prefer to believe that Verizon is deliberately
> flouting the GPL and that the SFLC is too timid to pursue
> them, but there is no evidence for this.

ROFL.

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2008/06/verizon-ceo-doesnt-know-about.html

------
Verizon President & COO doesn't know about open source

By Sean Michael Kerner on June 18, 2008 1:37 PM

>From the 'not everyone knows about open source yet' files:

LAS VEGAS -- I just got out of a Q&A session with Verizon Communications
President and COO Denny Strigl and being an open source guy I asked
Strigl about open source. Specifically I asked what role does open
source play at Verizon now, especially in light of the recent SFLC
lawsuit against Verizon on GPL infringement.

Strigl looked at me with a blank face and asked me to repeat my
question. He was completely clueless.

He then asked one of his PR people to answer, and they too were
clueless.

In December of 2007 the Software Freedom Law Center (SFLC) filed its GPL
lawsuit, whichwas settled in March of this year. The win was hailed as a
victory for open source by the SFLC and others.

Apparently though open source types (like myself) thought the Verizon
thing was a big deal, it apparently never reached the radar screen of
Verizon's top exec. Go figure.
------

http://gng.z505.com/index.htm
too, whereas GNU cannot.)