Re: Microsoft going after Linux?

From: Rjack
Subject: Re: Microsoft going after Linux?
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 19:02:37 -0500

Rjack wrote:
"Microsoft has filed a suit against TomTom, 'alleging that the in-car navigation company's devices violate eight of its patents
— including three that relate to TomTom's implementation of the
Linux kernel."

http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/02/25/232212

"Plan for the Worst

The Linux Foundation is working closely with our partner the Open
Invention Network, and our members, and is well prepared for any
claims against Linux. We have great confidence in the foundation
they have laid. Unfortunately, claims like these are a by-product of
our business and legal system today. For now, we are closely
watching the situation and will remain ready to mount a Linux’s
defense, should the need arise."

http://www.linux-foundation.org/weblogs/jzemlin/2009/02/26/note-on-microsoft-tomtom-suit-calm-down-hope-for-the-best-plan-for-the-worst/

Sincerely,
Rjack :)