Re: Copyright Misuse Doctrine in Apple v. Psystar

From: Hyman Rosen
Subject: Re: Copyright Misuse Doctrine in Apple v. Psystar
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 01:53:10 -0500

amicus_curious wrote:
I think that they do understand the meaning of "dismissed with predjudice"

It simply means they dropped their claims against Verizon
and agreed that they would not refile them. My assumption
is they did this because they concluded that the GPL did
not apply to Verizon in this instance, presumably because
Verizon did not install the software on the routers and
used an "actiontec gateway" for its firmware URL. Instead,
the company that does install the software on the routers
now makes the source properly available under the GPL.