Re: TomTom to contest Microsoft patent lawsuit ..

From: amicus_curious
Subject: Re: TomTom to contest Microsoft patent lawsuit ..
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 15:40:24 -0500

"Doug Mentohl" <doug_mentohl@linuxmail.org> wrote in message news:goen0a$8vp$1@news.datemas.de...
'"We reject the claim and will vigorously defend ourselves," TomTom spokesman Taco Titulaer said, adding that Microsoft sent a letter to TomTom's U.S. office informing it of the action'

Apparently the claim is not without some merit, though. The article goes on to say:

"Martijn den Drijver, analyst at SNS Securities, said given that TomTom rival Garmin (GRMN.O) has already licensed technology from Microsoft, it is likely that TomTom will settle the case and pay a licence fee."

"Pay me now or pay me later," said Bill expectantly.