Re: Zonker on Open Source licenses ..

From: Hyman Rosen
Subject: Re: Zonker on Open Source licenses ..
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 16:02:49 -0500

Rjack wrote:
Keep moving the goalposts away from real legal discussion
> concerning GPL enforceability

In every case filed by the SFLC, the defendants have chosen
to settle and comply with the GPL. We have cases from Germany
upholding the GPL, we have the CAFC decision regarding the
Artistic License, and we have the courts allowing a complaint
of copyright infringement to stand when someone violated a
single-user license agreement. Microsoft is extremely careful
to avoid becoming entangled in the GPL,.

Until there is a plaintiff willing to stand up and defy the
GPL by insisting on copying and distributing GPLed code but
not making the GPLed sources available, my working assumption
is that they do not because they believe it works exactly as
it says it does.

review your own little shots at others -- whiner

Taking personal shots at other people is one of the joys of
the internet.