Re: Zonker on Open Source licenses ..

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: Zonker on Open Source licenses ..
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 13:22:41 +0100

Rjack wrote:
[...]
> GPL supporters simply parrot their F.S.F. programmed response.
>
> Fire up google sometime and attempt to find any citations by the
> F.S.F. legal folks supporting their facetious legal claims. (e.g. 'a
> license is not a contract').

Well, comrade Moglen is on record:

http://www.hindu.com/mp/2007/07/04/stories/2007070450740400.htm

------
What are your reflections on the work with the FSF?

What we did was get thousands of people from around the world
collaborate on a legal document which replaces law. It establishes an
alternative rule set for the entire global environment.

If you want to use these rules anywhere on earth you can. It is very
important in a global century. What we did was a very early example of
21st century global legislation.
------

IOW this pompous moron pretends that the FSF/SFLC is some sort of global
legislative body and judicial authority at the same time. He is insane.

Note that the clown also claimed:

------
To increase its popular usage, does free and open source software
require good PR?

If you are Microsoft, you have to pay money to make software. You have
to hire people, buildings, paper clips, telephones, pensions.... Then
sell software with salesmen... Then have lawyers to protect the
software.

We don’t have to pay anybody to make the software. Smart people all over
the world make our software. Biggest corporations around the world
clamour to distribute the software because it is profitable. And we
don’t have armies of lawyers to protect it because we don’t protect it,
we just say take it and do good things with it. Just share and share
alike.
------

http://gng.z505.com/index.htm
too, whereas GNU cannot.)