Re: [!NEWS] The GNUtards Must Be Crazy

From: Rjack
Subject: Re: [!NEWS] The GNUtards Must Be Crazy
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 10:11:45 -0400

Alexander Terekhov wrote:
Interesting article... http://www.ttis.cn/article/general-health-care/2009-03-11/11167.html

------ The GNUtards Must Be Crazy

The following snippet is so true:

This is the enlightened view. The MIT, BSD, and X11 licenses are the only true "open source" licenses. They are clear, unambiguous, and allow you to share your work in the spirit of scientific research. When others improve on your work, they are free to either continue contributing to that body of knowledge, or go make some money from their unique contribution.

I don't feel bad when someone uses my BSD-licensed code to make money, I feel happy. I intended to give it away, so I'm going to honestly give it away, without lying to you and attaching strings
to the gift.

These true "open source" licenses embody the very essence of the
meaning of "free" as used in the English language. The coders using
the GPL attempt to steal other developers copyrights using the
highly restrictive (illegal) terms of the GPL. Some try to rob you
with a gun but GPL folks attempt to rob you with a pen.

Sincerely,
Rjack :)