Re: TomTom to contest Microsoft patent lawsuit ..

From: Doug Mentohl
Subject: Re: TomTom to contest Microsoft patent lawsuit ..
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 14:55:03 +0000

amicus_curious wrote:

That's assuming Tom-Tom are found guilty. The code would be available on the
server. All MS has to do is point it out. As such and in a court of law, it is
up to the plaintiff to prove the case not the other way round.

Yes.  I said "if Tom-Tom were found to be infringing...".  Could they avoid
paying by getting all their customers to download new, non-infringing firmware?  NO is
the answer.

No one can be sued for distributing 'non-infringing firmware', your statement is legalistic nonsense ..
--
'Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast'