Re: Tom Tom and Microsofts Linux patent lock-down ..

From: Thufir Hawat
Subject: Re: Tom Tom and Microsofts Linux patent lock-down ..
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 22:19:32 GMT

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 14:32:21 -0400, Rjack wrote:

> There go the goalposts! You wish to minimize my assertion. Let me
> repeat. "The GPL is unenforceable under U.S. copyright law".

Is any EULA enforced under copyright law?  I thought that the logic
went:  here's an EULA, abide by it or not.  I don't believe that the EULA
is under copyright law at all, but provides a way around copyright.
Failure to abide by the EULA might then prompt a lawsuit, for instance on
copyright infringement.

-Thufir