Re: Tom Tom and Microsofts Linux patent lock-down ..

From: Rjack
Subject: Re: Tom Tom and Microsofts Linux patent lock-down ..
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 10:55:44 -0400

Hyman Rosen wrote:
Rjack wrote:
FORGET THE CAFC'S ARTISTIC LICENSE DECISION IT HAS NO BINDING
PRECEDENTIAL VALUE *ANTWHERE* IN ANY U.S. COURT.

Your mistake is that you believe that we refer to the CAFC
decision because it is binding. We refer to the CAFC decision
because we believe that courts which find themselves in a
similar situation will apply similar reasoning and reach
similar conclusions.

Strength of belief is never a substitute for reality. Denial
of reality leaves reality undisturbed.