Re: Tom Tom and Microsofts Linux patent lock-down ..

From: Rahul Dhesi
Subject: Re: Tom Tom and Microsofts Linux patent lock-down ..
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 22:27:42 +0000 (UTC)

Rjack <user@example.net> writes:

>Please don't spank me Professor Dhesi. I was probably reading the ALR's
>Restatement of Contracts and Corbin on Contracts when you were still
>peeing in a diaper.

If that is true, it would explain a lot. You would have been doing what
you claim to have "probably" done long before free and open software
came into being into its current form. And therefore, the law that you
"probably" studied was never intended to deal with free and open
software. And while the law might have adapted to deal with changing
circumstances, (e.g., within the CAFC), you perhaps are still living in
the good old days when people wrote software strictly as a job.
--
Rahul
http://rahul.rahul.net/