Re: More FSF hypocrisy

From: Rjack
Subject: Re: More FSF hypocrisy
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 11:09:32 -0400

Thufir Hawat wrote:
On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 10:22:19 -0400, Rjack wrote:

IF A COPYRIGHT LICENSE EXISTS, ITS LANGUAGE WILL BE INTERPRETED
AS A CONTRACT IN DETERMINING ITS COVENANTS FOR PURPOSES OF
BREACH AND THEN EXAMINED FOR LANGUAGE DETERMINING SCOPE FOR
PURPOSES OF INFRINGEMENT.

Assuming this is so, what's your point?

The point of an original newsgroup post seems to evolvs with the
number of posts to the thread. I think we were discussing legal
enforcement of the GPL.

All EULA would be contracts, yes?  Not complying with an EULA
opens up a can of worms.

Depends on whether the EULA is ultimately found by the courts to be
enforceable or not.