Re: More FSF hypocrisy

From: Rjack
Subject: Re: More FSF hypocrisy
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 14:31:05 -0400

Hyman Rosen wrote:
Alexander Terekhov wrote:
http://groklaw.net/pdf/IBM-881.pdf

Oh, goody! I love when your postings militate against your own
thesis. Read the footnote on page 24: "a fair and equitable
result will be preferred over a harsh and unreasonable one," and
"an interpretation that will produce an inequitable result will
be adopted only when the contract so expressly and unequivocally
so provides that there is no other reasonable interpretation to
be given it." Peirce v. Peirce, 994 P.2d 193, 198 (Utah 2000)

This reflects what I've said before.

This reflects the fact that the GPL is referred to and treated as a
contract in a court of law by experienced lawyers -- just like
Alexander told you it was. Don't try to change the subject to other
dicta and thereby moooooooooooooooooooooooooove the goalposts

No matter how GPL-skeptics twist and spin, the plain language and
clear intention of the GPL are going to inform court decisions,
and courts will enforce the conditions of the GPL as written.
We've already seen this with the CAFC with respect to the
Artistic License, and we've seen that Sam's lawyers have no
qualms about treating the GPL as valid. No bad-faith code grabber
will prevail.