Re: Microsoft and TomTom settle

From: Rjack
Subject: Re: Microsoft and TomTom settle
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 15:37:19 -0400

Tim Smith wrote:
In article <gqv0p4$tjt$1@blue.rahul.net>, c.c.eiftj@XReXXMicro.usenet.us.com (Rahul Dhesi) wrote:
Where you get your statistics about typical settlements? How do
you define a typical settlement?

Observation of settlement reports in the press.  Reading the
settlement reports filed with the court in interesting cases.

If you don't like "typical", I'll change my claim: it's not unusual
for neither party to publicly talk about the settlement amount.

Even if you could define what typical settlement means, how do
you conclude that this was a typical settlement without knowing
the details?

I drew no such conclusion.  The only conclusion drawing has been
from you--you've concluded that because you don't know the details,
it must have been a tiny settlement.

From the absence of a verifiable settlement agreement, true GNU
believers can envision Sugar Plum Fairies pirouetting in a glorious
Victory Dance.

Sincerely,
Rjack :)