The GPL means what you want it to mean

From: Rjack
Subject: The GPL means what you want it to mean
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 08:00:34 -0400

Don't like the GPLv3's provisions? Just issue an exception to its
terms when convenient!

"I wanted to note that the FSF has just released an exception (the
first?) to GPL3 under Section 7 (that allows "additional permissions"
to negate other terms of the GPL3) that is quite interesting in this
context."
http://lwn.net/Articles/326854/rss

If you write a new law and subsequently don't like it then just
announce it doesn't *really* mean what says it means. ROFL.

"Developing nonfree software is not good for society, and we have no
obligation to make it easier. We decided to permit this because
forbidding it seemed likely to backfire, and because using small
libraries to limit the use of GCC seemed like the tail wagging the dog."
http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/gcc-exception-faq.html

The GPLv3 has 5645 words when you include the "How to apply..."
addendum. If that weren't confusing enough, you may now go out into
the cyberworld and find what new exceptions the Masters of the
Universe have added -- before they sue you in federal court in New
York for violation of their 5645 word copyright contract that doesn't
mean what they said it means. ROFL.

Sincerely,
Rjack :)