Re: The GPL means what you want it to mean

From: Rahul Dhesi
Subject: Re: The GPL means what you want it to mean
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 22:09:28 +0000 (UTC)

"amicus_curious" <ACDC@sti.net> writes:

>Now that is more akin to the way that unsophisticates are lured into using
>the "free" GPL code and then are hammered for their birthright by the SFLC.
>"Ignorance is no excuse!", they say, "What's yours is now ours, you have
>been touched!"

You have pointed out a potentially serious problem.  Many anti-GPL
people are trying to deceive software users into misappropriating
GPL-licensed software, by telling them that the GPL is illegal,
unenforceble, against public policy, etc.  Later on, when the victims of
this deception find that the GPL is actually being enforced, they may
get into trouble.

I'm not sure how actually serious this problem is. That would depend on
how gullible software users are. Do they believe everything they read
on Usenet? I suspect most of them are too smart to be fooled.
--
Rahul
http://rahul.rahul.net/