Re: The GPL means what you want it to mean

From: Rjack
Subject: Re: The GPL means what you want it to mean
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 20:27:53 -0400

Rahul Dhesi wrote:
Rjack <user@example.net> writes:

Please identify what system(s) of law(s) provide a legal remedy
for this so called "misappropriation" of software. So that we may
further discuss "misappropriation" in more detail. Seems to be an
ill-defined term.

Does anybody else understand what Rjack is asking for? If so,
please help clarify.

(I'm assuming that Rjack's recent sources of authority, namely, answers.com and merriam-webster.com, will not suffice here.)

The Copyright Act doesn't mention "misappropriation". I'm sure that
your haughty sneers concerning the ordinary, common meanings of words
is impressing all who read your posts.

Unfortunately you have had so little exposure to legal terms that you
don't understand what contexts demand specialized definitions and
which demand the ordinary meanings of words and phrases when
discussing matters.

You need only Google [ "plain meaning rule" ] to see how foolish your
attempts to ridicule appear. You remind me of the principle stated in
the Serenity Prayer:

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

You are utterly lacking in the wisdom to know the difference in
context that demands a different semantic.

Sincerely,
Rjack