Re: GPL traitor !

From: Rjack
Subject: Re: GPL traitor !
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 11:03:52 -0400

JEDIDIAH wrote:
On 2009-04-30, DFS <nospam@dfs_.com> wrote:
Alan Mackenzie wrote:
In gnu.misc.discuss Doctor Smith
<iaintgotnostinkinemail@ols.net> wrote:
On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 12:45:12 +0000 (UTC), Alan Mackenzie
wrote:
It seems Matt has long misunderstood the GPL.
Like 99 percent of people who through some unfortunate
process come in contact with it.
I wouldn't know, since I don't know any such people.  I know
lots of people whose contact with the GPL is benign, rewarding
and profitable.
GPL and profitable in the same sentence?  You funny guy!

The problem here is that you are fixating on the idea that you somehow are or might some day be the Robber Baron. It's like you fancy yourself the hero in Atlas Shrugged. Although you are rather more like the disposable foreign labor that would be employed by such a "hero".

As with any creative work: far more benefit goes to those that use
the work than those that seek to make themselves rich by
controlling access to it. Few people are Robber Barons and most
people are just passengers.

You are just a noisy poser. You don't have to ever worry about the
prospects of making money with any sort of licensing scheme.

Brilliant mind JEDIDIAH. Are folks still ending up dead down Texas way
if they disagree with you?

Sincerely,
Rjack :)