Re: GPL traitor !

From: JEDIDIAH
Subject: Re: GPL traitor !
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 11:01:03 -0500

On 2009-04-30, DFS <nospam@dfs_.com> wrote:
> JEDIDIAH wrote:

>>> GPL and profitable in the same sentence?  You funny guy!
>>
>>     The problem here is that you are fixating on the idea that you
>> somehow are or might some day be the Robber Baron.
>
> That's a wild imagination you have there.  Been doubling up on your Boost
> lately?
>

>> It's like you
>> fancy yourself the hero in Atlas Shrugged. Although you are rather
>> more like the disposable foreign labor that would be employed by
>> such a "hero".
>
> As long as the hero pays what I demand, no problem.

<nelson> HA HA </nelson.

>>     As with any creative work: far more benefit goes to those
>> that use the work than those that seek to make themselves rich
>> by controlling access to it.
>
> huh?  I haven't heard of anyone getting rich using MS Excel, but MS sure did
> get rich controlling access to it.

    So then by that logic msoffice could disappear from the planet this
second and none of the Fortune 100 companies that are supposed to use
it would miss it?

>> Few people are Robber Barons and
>> most people are just passengers.
>
> And a few people are just freeloaders.
>

>>     You are just a noisy poser. You don't have to ever worry
>> about the prospects of making money with any sort of licensing
>> scheme.
>
> Maybe, maybe not.  But what does that have to do with the GPL being the most
> anti-profit license out there?

     That's not the point. Improving the state of the art is.

     This is what copyright is for. Oddly enough, the copyleft license
captures this better than rest.

--
        vi isn't easy to use.                            |||
                                                        / | \