Re: GPL traitor !

From: chrisv
Subject: Re: GPL traitor !
Date: Fri, 01 May 2009 14:38:46 -0500

David Kastrup wrote:

> chrisv <chrisv@nospam.invalid> writes:
>
>> David Kastrup wrote:
>>
>>> I've been working with
>>> various kinds of storage media since the middle of the seventies, and
>>> dozens of operating systems.
>>
>> Good for you.  The average computer user also has a lot of experience
>> with the delays inherent in using CDROMs.
>
> Running a demand-paging operating system from a CDROM is not something
> for which either access patterns or latency and readahead benefits or
> buffering strategies are within the normal user experience.

The average person is not thinking about any of that techy stuff.  The
average person tries running off a CD, sees and hears evidence that there
are performance repercussions to doing so, and accepts it.

> You should really get off your "everybody except me is a moron" high
> horse.

Umm...  YOU are the one who is saying that everyone is too stupid to
figure-out this simple situation.

> It has no legs to stand on.

LOL  Spew some gibberish, maybe that will get you some "legs".

> You let your animosities get the better of you.

Learn how to take defeat better.