Re: GPL traitor !

From: Rjack
Subject: Re: GPL traitor !
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 18:03:41 -0400

Alan Mackenzie wrote:

Normally, I don't knock anonymous posters for being anonymous, but
here I'm beginning wonder who you are.  Why are you not posting
under your own name?  You might even be the same person as Rjack.

If he's anything like Rjack he's at least ten times smarter than you are.

You might be a shill for some proprietary software company.  What
do you know about software?  Are you a programmer at all?

Care to tell us a bit about yourself, what your interest in this
mailing list is, what your interest in the GPL is?  Who is Hadron?
What did Ron feel about it?

If he's one-tenth as disingenuous as you have already implied, then he
would simply lie about his interest and identity -- at a minimum you
would immediately accuse him of lying.

Should he post his real email reply address, 50,000 Freetards like
yourself would immediately fill his email box with spam and porn
solicitations. I can say that because I'm entitled to use the "You
might be..." inference that you so freely bandy about.

And please don't accuse me of an ad hominem attack. An ad h. is attacking the person making a point instead of answering that
point.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

But you're not really making a point at all.  You're just lobbing
vacuous mud at the GPL, trying to create an impression of
dodginess.  Your "point" is so vague and insubstantial that there's
nothing to answer.

It's actually quite funny seeing an anonymous poster trying to
argue from a position of authority, asserting that a hacker with a
name and a solid reputation is somehow ill informed, not seeing
"the reality from [his] ivory tower".  What's the tower you're
standing in made of, Hadron?

It's also noticeable that the only people on this mailing list
defaming the GPL are the anonymous ones, RJack, Hadron, Amicus
Curious (except for Alex Terekhov, who's stated he knocks the GNU
project as a hobby).

Methinks the truth hurts.

Again, the only people who get any trouble with the GPL are those
who violate it, those who try to evade it with precious sophistical
arguments (like our Rjack), or those who are negligent in their licensing. For everybody else, the vast majority of people in
software, the GPL, whichever version, is clear and obvious.

Rjack must have really put a bug up your ass Alan.

         Have a nice day Alan!
      _                         _
     |R|                       |R|
     |J|         /^^^\         |J|