Re: GPL traitor !

From: Hadron
Subject: Re: GPL traitor !
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 15:09:12 +0200

Thufir Hawat <hawat.thufir@gmail.com> writes:

> On Sat, 09 May 2009 10:52:41 +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
>
>> They would clearly like not to have copyright apply to this situation,
>> since then they would not need the GPL to provide its copyleft mechanism
>> there.
>

> Without copyright the GPL is pointless.

I rather suspect that most of this is academic anyway. One does not have
to be particularly street savvy to know full well that many closed
source projects are sure to have pilfered and obfuscated core OSS
modules and idea. Sad, but undoubtedly true no matter how many people
wring their hands and accuse me of not trusting people.  There are laws
and copy protection for reasons and the GPL protects pretty much
nothing. There is a reason most succesful commercial ventures dont give
away their source code : people will steal it and benefit from it and
displace them in the market. result : no income and coming to COLA to
beg money off freetards who openly boast about how much money THEY make
from closed source SW only to be told that the freetards donated 3
dollars once back in '94 for a used set of 10 Red Hat disks....

--
In view of all the deadly computer viruses that have been spreading
lately, Weekend Update would like to remind you: when you link up to