Re: GPL traitor !

From: Hyman Rosen
Subject: Re: GPL traitor !
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 15:54:06 -0400

Alexander Terekhov wrote:
Are you saying that Linux is under the GPL "with exception," Hyman?
Please quote it.

Actually, I searched and came across this:
<http://lists.gpl-violations.org/pipermail/legal/2007-July/001095.html>

Assuming it's quoted accurately, Linus makes the same derived vs.
derivative work error that others here have, and doesn't address
the collective work issue. So I'm going to not say any more on what
I think the Linux rights holders allow beyond the GPL, because I'm
likely to be wrong.

I may comment on what you said about Cisco and Broadcom if you point me
to precise links where I may see exactly what they're doing. I was wrong
to begin speculating in the dark.