Re: GPL traitor !

From: Hyman Rosen
Subject: Re: GPL traitor !
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 16:32:06 -0400

Alexander Terekhov wrote:
Try searching further and you'll come across it, Hyman.

I did that, and found discussions about proprietary Cisco VPN
drivers and Broadcom wireless drivers. Are those what you mean?
(Although I don't know why I should be making your arguments for
you.) They generally appear to be distributed as separate packages
that people are forever having trouble getting downloaded and
installed. As I have said, I believe that there can be no GPL
restrictions on such separate modules unless GPLed code has been
copied into them. And I haven't gone to look at the packages
themselves to ferret out the precise details of their licenses.
I'll leave that to you if you want to do it. Frankly, from this
cursory glance it seems very much like those companies agree with
my take on what's allowed and what isn't.