Re: GPL traitor ! OT?: can my program say "GO RUN <some-fsf-program"?

From: Andrew Halliwell
Subject: Re: GPL traitor ! OT?: can my program say "GO RUN <some-fsf-program"?
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 10:21:16 +0100

David Combs <dkcombs@panix.com> wrote:
> after which my program then reads in xyz.out and uses
> those xyz-produced results.
>
> How does THAT fly?

If it's a seperate program who's only purpose is to subprocess some data
before passing it on to another program and it's not linked in any way to
any other GPL library or otherwise contain any GPL code, there's no problem.

One thing though... Haven't you ever heard of the pipe?
--
|   spike1@freenet.co.uk   |   Windows95 (noun): 32 bit extensions and a    |
|                          | graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit |