Re: GPL traitor !

From: Hyman Rosen
Subject: Re: GPL traitor !
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 21:23:38 -0400

Rjack wrote:
The revulsion you demonstrate for 17 USC 301 clearly foretells its
potential to destroy your dreams of creating new copyrights
through contractual fiat. Cavalierly dismissing it as "idiocy" won't
make it go away though.

No, no - I'm not dismissing 17 USC 301 as idiocy, I'm dismissing
your ludicrous opinion that it applies to the GPL as idiocy. The
GPL is a copyright license and it operates under normal federal
copyright law. Your unwillingness to recognize this and the
resultant twisting and spinning required to justify it is what
demonstrates your idiocy.