Re: GPL traitor !

From: Hyman Rosen
Subject: Re: GPL traitor !
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 16:55:10 -0400

Alexander Terekhov wrote:
Hyman Rosen wrote:
[...]
author has the exclusive right to control ...

Hey Hyman, do I need a special permission to reproduce the GPL in
ASCII-source and/or binary-EBCDIC forms on a t-shirt?

http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html

"Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies of this
license document, but changing it is not allowed."

You may reproduce a verbatim copy of the text of the GPL on
a T-shirt. Changing it to ASCII or EBCDIC arithmetic codes
produces a derivative work; you may not print T-shirts with
that on it without permission. (To the best of my belief.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Field-of-use_limitation

What do patents have to do with copyrights? The GPL forbids
field-of-use limitations on GPL-licensed code, but what does
that have to do with anything under discussion?

Is it just that when you've been proven wrong about one thing
it drives you to post non-sequiturs about something else?