Re: GPL traitor !

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: GPL traitor !
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 17:37:41 +0200

Hyman Rosen wrote:

> Alexander Terekhov wrote:
> > It's the same expression (as in literary work) copied/reproduced
> > verbatim you idiot.
>
> It's either because you are not a native speaker of English
> or because you have serious mental disturbances, but I don't
> think "verbatim" means what you think it means.

Verbatim *expression*, silly.

> > See the GPL for permission regarding its reproduction (i.e. fixation
>  > of its expression/work in "copies" which has nothing to do with the
>  > forms of encoding, etc.).
>
> Once again, you seem too stupid to understand that the form of
> a copy matters a great deal, and a copyright holder is the only
> one who gets to authorize in what form copies may be made. My
> usual example of an author separately selling hardcover and
> paperback publication rights applies.

And since the GPL mentions neither hardcover nor paperback publication
rights, it just can't be printed on paper at all, right Hyman?

Go to doctor.

> > can emacs do hex views on txt files?
>
> Sure. "M-x hexl-mode".

Given that according to you the hex view of
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.txt blatantly violates the FSF's
copyright, that's quite dangerous feature!

Run to doctor, Hyman.

http://gng.z505.com/index.htm
too, whereas GNU cannot.)