Re: Effect of transfer of copyright on free software licenses?

From: Rjack
Subject: Re: Effect of transfer of copyright on free software licenses?
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 17:26:10 -0400

Hyman Rosen wrote:
Rjack wrote:
Just because you write something into a contract's terms doesn't make it enforceable

It's not a contract, it's a license. If I want to write a license for my work that says that I give a non-exclusive grant to persons to whom I distribute, and to persons to whom they further
distribute, provided they meet my conditions, the exclusive rights
to authorize given to me by 17 USC 106 allow me to do this.

17 USC 301(a)

As usual, your irrational fixation on federal preemption of state copyright laws makes no sense.

17 USC 301(a) frightens you doesn't it? That what you dismiss it
instead of addressing it.

Sincerely,
Rjack