Re: Microsoft's Linux Kernel Code Drop Result of GPL Violation

From: Rjack
Subject: Re: Microsoft's Linux Kernel Code Drop Result of GPL Violation
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 18:21:07 -0400

Hyman Rosen wrote:
Alexander Terekhov wrote:
Hyman Rosen wrote:
If Microsoft creates free software, free software advocates will welcome it regardless of presumed motivation.

Did you ask RMS regarding that, Hyman? LOL.

RMS distrusts Microsoft with respect to .NET/Mono technology because he fears that Microsoft has not really freed that technology, but plans after a time to use software patents against free software which incorporates it. I believe he would welcome any software that Microsoft licensed using GPLv3, since that removes such danger.

Micro$oft knows damn well that the GPLv3 is just as toothless as
GPLv2. Your idealogical denial blinds you to 17 USC 301(a) and its
preemption of "public viral" licenses.

Google [microsoft "fears the GPL"] and you'll get 36,000 hits. That's
the result of the FSF's propaganda campaign over the years -- yet
yesterday Micro$oft released 20,000 lines of code under the GPL.

I am beginning to beleieve you Freetards really don't understand how
foolish you appear to be when you peddle your GPL Kool-Aid.

Sincerely,
Rjack

EMBRACE EXTEND EXTINGUISH