Re: Microsoft's Linux Kernel Code Drop Result of GPL Violation

From: Hyman Rosen
Subject: Re: Microsoft's Linux Kernel Code Drop Result of GPL Violation
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 18:46:35 -0400

Rjack wrote:
The #1 overwhelming of obsession of Freetards is Micro$oft's monopoly.

Any "obsession" over Microsoft is based on the belief that they
promote practices which are contrary to the goals of free software,
such as encumbering software with patents, promoting flawed standards,
and incorporation of unavoidable restrictions. It is not the monopoly.

They're not laughing at me. I use FreeBSD and the BSD license.
Micro$oft is scared to death of the BSD license. Micro$oft is afraid
there are several Apples and Steve Jobs out there just waiting to bite
'em in the bottom line.

BSD is now thirty-two years old. That's an awful lot of waiting.

Microsoft loves Apple. Apple forms a highly visible but insignificant
fraction of the market, and prevents meaningful antitrust action against
Microsoft by the USDOJ. That's why Microsoft develops software for Apple
computers. Steve Ballmer and Marshall Phelps are rolling on the floor
laughing at Apple users.