Re: Licensing issues with a research project

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Licensing issues with a research project
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 08:46:17 +0200

Hi!

>> The copyright holder is my institute, . . .
>
> If you're Tassilo Horn from Universität Koblenz-Landau institute
> (aren't you?)

Yep, that's me.

> your institute may hold exclusive licences for works made by its
> employees on the territory of Germany (see your employment contract)
> but your institute doesn't hold the copyright (Urheberrecht) in works
> made on the territory of Germany.

Well, then let's rephrase my sentence: Most copyright holders are in the
institute, but of course, a lot of work has been done by past students
and employees, and we have a very easy-going "my code is your code"
policy, which makes it not easy to figure out who might have copyright
on what.  But since the old versions would still be GPL and only new
versions might change to LGPL, I guess it's ok if only the current
developers agree.

Bye,
Tassilo